2nd Line Support Technician
We are a well known and established IT company based in Aylesbury who love to provide first class Technical Support to small and medium businesses in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas. We have grown organically over the past 20 years and now find ourselves in need of a first class 2nd Line Support Technician to help the business run more efficiently. We are seeking a full time, enthusiastic and proactive 2nd Line Support Technician to join our expanding team.
This exciting role is ideal for someone who is looking to work in a fun, dynamic and forward thinking company with great opportunities for career development.
It is predominantly 2nd Line Support bridging the gap to 3rd Line but there will be occasions that you will be required to provide 1st Line support as well.
You will be working within a ticket based environment and you will be providing support in areas such as the implementation and operation of hardware alongside networking and software applications in a Microsoft environment.
You will provide all end-user support remotely with occasional on site visits and you will also liaise with 3rd party’s where required.
- Windows 10
- Network Troubleshooting and knowledge of general principles
- Strong MS Office skills with MS Office 365 experience
- Good knowledge of Server technologies such as MS Server
- Experience of Antivirus & security products
- IT related administration where necessary
- Logging of support calls and documentation of IT processes
- Desktop, Laptop, Mobile and Communication technology device support
- Service Management and ticketing software
The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to demonstrate their excellent skills and knowledge
- Have experience within a similar role within a small organisation ideally where you have already experienced the implementation of efficient processes
- Be a proactive and efficient team member
- Be a real problem solver, who seeks out solutions to obstacles as they arise
- Be confident, capable and able to run with tasks whilst not being afraid to ask for help in areas they are unsure of
- Have a good sense of humour and enjoy working in a relaxed, flexible and friendly environment
- Exciting career progression paths
- Lots of training opportunities
- Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 Negotiable DOE
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
We’d love to hear from you, please forward your CV with a covering letter to Suzy Goodgame – Office Manager at email@example.com and we will be in touch as soon as we can.